1610 | ProfiHubA5
For more information and to request a quote, please complete the contact form below.
Does your PROFIBUS DP installation require several long branches between various devices and backbone structures with star/tree segments? The ProfiHub A5 is a robust network component for PROFIBUS DP installations and enables it in IP 65 applications. With this component you ensure that your complex network in a potentially dusty or moist environment operates well with minimum downtime. Why choose the ProfiHub A5?
- Can handle up to 31 devices
- Meet the requirements for PROFIBUS DP installations
- With this product, you can create reliable, flexible and object-oriented DP installations
About the ProfiHub A5
The ProfiHub A5 is the ideal economic solution for creating reliable start networks in RS 485 DP networks. PROFIBUS DP is a high-speed communication bus that has to comply with strict rules concerning spur lines and star networks.
The ProfiHub A5 has the functionality of 5 galvanic isolated transparent repeaters. This allows network structures with extended spur lines that individually can handle a maximum of 31 devices and to which the same rules apply as the main channel. The ProfiHub A5 has the same functionality as the ProfiHub B5.
The ProfiHub A5 is essential for better control during maintenance and upgrading of the network.
- Dynamic spur lines to actuators, flow meters and pH analyzers
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Removable drives and motors
- Outdoor applications with device and cable stress
- Roof-mounted devices in tank farms
- Dirty and humid environments
- Barrier for non-galvanic isolated equipment
- Hot slave insertion/removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- On-board DB9 female connector for maintenance activities
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Extendable installations
- Save costs
- 5 Isolated repeater channels (6 segments)
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
- Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI networks
- 31 devices per channel
- 9.6 Kbps - 12 Mbps
- Max. 1200 m segment length (depends on baud rate)
- Integrated termination facilities
- Configurable grounding system
- Glands or optional M12 connectors (16012)
- IP 65 classification
Procentec #: 1610