17030X | ProfiSwitch X5
For more information and to request a quote, please complete the contact form below.
With the ProfiSwitch X5, you have the ability to create baudrate customization per channel without any additional configuration. A simple rotary switch opens doors to a new landscape with reliable and efficient applications. This solution modernizes your PROFIBUS network architecture for the next generation. This transparent hub outperforms all existing PROFIBUS repeaters and hubs on the market.
PROFIBUS repeater hub 'ProfiSwitch X5'
Many network designs have a fixed transfer rate, which causes issues down the line when different PROFIBUS segments have their own transmission speeds. This is the case when there are specific design requirements or when repairing network failures, for example.
The advanced technology of ProfiSwitch X5 sets the main channel to other transfer rates and functions as a transparent proxy without disrupting the head system (comparable to DP/PA links). The X5 further saves cost through reduction of traditional PROFIBUS repeaters, by offering 5 channels of communication on one unit. The ProfiSwitch X5 can be used for new applications and existing installations of which the baudrate needs to be adjusted.
With the ProfiSwitch X5, PROFIBUS is ready for a new generation of network architecture. ProfiSwitch X5 is the ideal tool due its unlimited applications, allowing you to create networks without being limited by the usual restrictions.
- Transparent proxy to different baudrates
- In hub mode compatible to ProfiHub
- 5 Galvanically isolated repeater channels (6 segments)
- Configurable grounding system
- Redundant power supply
- Bus redundancy
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Alarm contact
- Monitoring port per channel
- Certificate: FCC, CE, UL Listed
- Hot slave insertion/removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- Screw terminals and DB9 connectors can be mixed
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Extendable installations
- Topology flexibility
- Cost saving
- Cleaner network designs
- Decreased installation costs
- Maintenance value with spur line isolation
- Multiple unique solutions such as: power/communication redundancy, LED error display, multiple baud rates, auto baud rate detection, robust message mode
- Dimensions L x W x H: 207 x 113 x 35 mm (excluding plug-able connectors)
- Weight: 600 grams (excluding plug-able connectors and seats)
- The transparent repeater hub has the ability to create baudrate customization per channel.
- Operating temperature: ‐25° ... +70° Celsius
- Storage temperature: ‐25° ... +70° Celsius
- Relative air humidity: 95 %
- Ingress Protection: IP 20 (IEC/EN 60529)
- Operating voltage: 12 ... 24 VDC
- Absolute max. rated voltage: 9 ... 31 VDC
- Nominal power use: 1.78 W
- Input current(24VDC): 74 mA
- Alarm contact: Max. 24 VDC/0.5 A
Standards and approvals
- Conformity Marking: CE, FCC
- UL: ITE E365044
- EMC immunity of interference acc. to: EN 55024 (2010) industrial
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 55022 (2010) + AC (2011), Class B
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 61000-4-2 (2009)
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 61000-4-3 (2006) + A1 (2008) + A2 (2010)
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 61000-4-4 (2012)
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 61000-4-6 (2014)
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: 47 CFR 15, Unintentional Radiator, class B Digital Device
Procentec #: 17030X